SO MANY SYRUPS - SO MANY DELICIOUS RECIPES
Bethenny’s famous vegan cupcakes that she has been making for years. For a new twist on this classic, try swirling into the batter any one of our Skinnygirl Syrups.
- ¾ cup raw sugar
- 1 ¼ cups oat flour
- ⅓ cup vegan shortening (mixed into the flour, not melted)
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup soy milk
- ¾ tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ tsp coconut extract
*Makes 8 cupcakes
- ½ cup vegan shortening
- ½ cup vegan margarine
- 3 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp coconut extract
- Shaved coconut for garnish (about 1 cup)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line cupcake pans with liners.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in one bowl and all the wet ingredients in another. Mix them each, then mix them together.
- Using an ice cream scoop (perfect for portion control), transfer the batter into the liners. Bake for 20 minutes, rotating the pan after 10 minutes, or until tops of cupcakes are firm. Let cool.
- Icing Directions: Mix all ingredients together, then spread on the cupcakes. Garnish with shaved coconut.